Thursday, October 19, 2006

Here It Is

Back when I posted a report about my first day as a substitute teacher, I mentioned that a student presented a somewhat scandalous drawing to me as a gift. It's only scandalous insofar as it was made by a 4th grader. It is my hope that this is a picture of some kind of pop queen or fashion model and not what it appears to be...which, quite frankly, is a prostitute.

Whatever the young artist intended it to be, this drawing is clear evidence that adult sexuality has now pervaded the consciousness of children. That all being said, I think it's hilarious that a little girl was drawing this in class and thought, "You know, I bet Mr. Scott would appreciate this." Without further ado, here is a scanned image of the drawing (I apologize that it's a bit faint):





I wonder if I could get fired for accepting a picture like this from a 9 to 10 year-old girl.

3 comments:

Beth said...

You probably can't get fired for accepting the picture. Now, publishing it on the internet is another story...

Anonymous said...

yeah, did you get the proper rights to release this from the original artist?

Dave Scott...yoooouuuuu'rrrrreeee firrrrrrrrrrrrred.

Erin said...

wow...

I wish my head were 117 times are large as my chest.

And to have legs 250 feet long.

man, that'd make for a really fun day! :)