Monday, January 22, 2007

WOW!!!



Last night I had the greatest, most dramatic sports experience of my entire existence. And that's no exaggeration.



Close to halftime of the Colts-Patriots game, I felt about as sick as I ever have watching a game. Indianapolis was down 21-3 to its top rival and seemed to be on the verge of losing a playoff showdown to New England for the third time in 4 years. I was already promising those around me that I wouldn't watch the Super Bowl if the Colts failed to bounce back because I couldn't stand watching the Patriots win another NFL championship. But a phone conversation at halftime with Aaron Homoya convinced me that there was still grounds for hope, if not optimism.



What I witnessed in the second half was the single greatest comeback in NFL conference championship history. Previously, 7 points was the largest halftime deficit any team had been able to overcome in the history of such a contest. The Colts managed to overcome a margin double that much en route to sending Tom Brady and company back to Foxboro losers.



Joseph Addai's 3-yd TD run with 1:00 remaining in the 4th quarter
gave the victorious Colts their first and only lead of the game.

I'm going to take a week to let the joy of this accomplishment really sink in before I begin to worry about the upcoming I-65 Super Bowl, which will feature the Colts taking on the Chicago Bears. What a fantastic accomplishment for our guys. Here's to one more win!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Pitchers and Catchers report on Valentine's Day. blah, blah, blah ... super bowl, shmuper bowl. ;)



congrats to your colts. I'm sure you're loving it as much as I loved the WS.

Erin said...

Congrats, my friend ... Enjoy this day! The great thing about sports is that we never know when a great day like this one will come to our team again. That's part of what makes them so great! :)