Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Always Funny "Rampage"



This Saturday, July 5th, UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin will be airing live on PPV. The main event is a Light Heavyweight Championship fight between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, reigning champ and the #1-ranked, 205-lb mixed martial artist in the world, and Forrest Griffin, the first-ever 205-lb winner of the UFC's reality show The Ultimate Fighter and undeniably the most popular personality ever to come off that program.



Those who have followed the sport closely in recent years know that Rampage is also the reigning "King of the Interview." There is no one else in the sport of MMA as consistently laugh-out-loud funny as this man. Maybe no one else in sports period. To give a prime example of the man's wit, here is a comment he makes in the online preview video for Saturday's title clash (see 86.ufc.com):


"I'm the champion. I wanna keep my championship belt. I wanna be the best fighter that the UFC has ever seen. If anyone tell me I'm not gonna win this fight, they can kiss my natural black ass. And my ass is naturally black. I'm tellin' ya."


I just encountered this quote this morning and was compelled to share.


As a visual example of Rampage's other hilarious antics, here is a photo of him from the weigh-in of UFC 75:


Those are some colorful drawers.

No comments: