Thursday, March 01, 2007

My Vacation (Extended Cut)

Greetings Friends!

As many of you know, I have been vacationing in Atlanta for the last week. My original plan was to leave Indianapolis on Thursday, February 22nd (which I did), and return no later than today, March 1st. That plan was coming together excellently until 6:15am when a thunderclap -one that would almost certainly frighten the Most High- woke me from my slumber. This encouraged me to access Yahoo! Weather and look at the forecasts for all four states my journey home would take me through.

The concise summary of my findings is that Mother Nature will be coercing Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana to grab their collective ankles and take it without tenderness for the next 18 hours or so. Tomorrow's weather, on the other hand, is looking to be amicable to travelers. I called Perry at work to seek his opinion on the matter, and he informed me that both he and Susan would feel a lot better if I opted not to drive 550 miles in serious thunderstorms. Thus my stay in Atlanta will be extended one more day, and I will return to Naptown on Friday.

Now remaining in Atlanta another 24 hours is by no means a negative turn of events. For the last week I've been in the company of wonderful friends I had not seen in 8 months or more, enjoying the cuisine of restaurants exclusive to the Atlanta area, sitting in on courses I completed during my time at Candler, and sleeping on one of the most comfortable of couches.

Furthermore, I've spent at least a couple of hours in the presence of nearly every person I had hoped to see while I was in Tha Dirty South and revisited all my old haunts (excluding the two apartments I used to live in, which are now occupied by strangers). I once more experienced the power of potent libations that I am almost never at liberty to consume during the work week. (I am all about the White Russian, my friends. A superb choice, Dude.) All in all, I've met all the personal objectives I set for this trip...save one, and that goal is perpetual anyway.

So, as a closing word to those reading this, I say to my Atlanta friends that I am here another day should you want a little (more) quality time with Dave Scott. And to my Indianapolis friends I say that I will be home soon. I shall not miss UFC 68. :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

And the one perpetual goal?

Anonymous said...

Dave Scott - I enjoyed meeting you, hearing of your ridiculous stories, and eating pig products with you. Delicious all around.

Dave Scott said...

What is the one perpetual goal, you ask?


Securing some intimate time with a lady.