Wednesday, March 28, 2007

King of Kindergarten?

I've been working a lot with the tiny humans as of late. Last Thursday and Friday I taught the same kindergarten class on consecutive days. They were a handful, but I'd take a borderline crazy group of kidney gardeners over intermediate grade punks 10 times out of 10.

On Monday of this week, I subbed in another kindergarten class at a different school. That group was much more attentive and a fair bit easier to enjoy teaching. (Althought their room did have one of those diminutive johns. I thought about using that one but ultimately decided against it. "...fool me twice...")

This morning, during a super easy half-day of roaming, I spent about 70 minutes working for yet a third kindergarten teacher. The heart of my duties centrally involved putting staples into walls or pulling staples out of them. I also used a nifty cutting contraption to make the words "SOARING HIGH" with construction paper.

Finally, tomorrow I will have another full day with Grade 0. This class is two doors down from the one I was in at the end of last week. This school has 5 kindergarten classes and, after tomorrow, I will have subbed in four of them. That means I've recently spent a lot of time using glue sticks, listening to music designed to spur on gross motor development, and singing the days of the week to the tune of the Adams Family theme.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to read that you're enjoying the teaching again instead of having to put up with the "punk kids"