Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Hymn of Pride

Combining the themes of three previous posts together (church, incorrect lyrics, and fighting), I thought I would offer this brief post. As several of you know, Dave Scott continually entertains himself by creating ridiculous, alternative lyrics for the songs that get stuck in his head. Thanks to my friend Wes Homoya's wedding, one of my all-time favorite hymns has been rolling around in my head for the last week.

Its new words describe the outcome of a MMA fight from Pride 22: Beasts from the East 2, which happened about 4 years ago. I conjured them up during one trip to the bank and one vocal session in the shower. So without further ado...

Shungo Oyama lost to an armbar.

Crazy Ryan Gracie bent it back quite far.

Though Shungo did not tap, the ref stopped the fight.

For his arm was damaged: not the left, but the right

No comments: