Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Beginning...at Last*


Hello Friends,

For some time, many of my friends have encouraged me to keep a blog. Hesitant to do so at first, I now think it's something I would enjoy doing. So I am now launching The Kingdom of the Madness.

As a blog, this will be the obscure nook in cyberspace where Dave Scott will post the type of crazy and often random insights that can only come from his unique, and not altogether sound, mind. So if you would enjoy being a subject of this kingdom, keep checking in on a regular basis. I promise to make you laugh, think, and shake your head in disbelief.


A quick note about the picture to the right: It's about the only single shot I have of myself right now. Being such, I plan on using it as my profile photo. And to do that, Blogger said I needed to include it in a post first. At the end of the day, it's a photo I've always liked. Me...dressed as a monk...sporting a glow-in-the-dark cross and drinking a Killian's. In a largely inexpressible way, I sense that this picture sums me up rather well.

*As of right now, I plan to title as many posts as possible with a quotation or a reference to some other source. This only seems appropriate since I am a random quote machine in my everyday conversations. This particular title is the name of the last track on Black Label Society's first album Sonic brew.

6 comments:

Dana B said...

Seriously, the kingdom should be rejoicing at it's division. Your entry into the blogosphere makes my virtual world ten times better, Dave Scott. Beth and I often say to each other, "I wish Dave Scott would come back and be our friend again." Now, it is as if you have. Hallelujah!

Beth said...

Dave Scott,
I miss you. I'm glad you are blogging now, but it is no substitute for the real thing.
Alas.
Rock on for blogs.

A misquito just bit me on the foot two times. Bastard.

Beth said...

Haha! Dana and I posted simultaneously -- she rejoicing as if you had come home, and me lamenting that a blog is a poor replacement for your real live self...
Values.
We do miss the heck out of you. Visit us soon.

Dave Scott said...

Deth and Bana,

I miss both you as well. Despite the 560 miles between us, I am still very much your friend.


Just remember...If you're out on the road- feeling lonely and so cold -all you have to do is call my name, and I'll be there on the next train.

Dana B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana B said...

You are precious, and you should come back here.

(despite my name at the top of this comment, that sentiment is simultaneously harmonious with my roommate now standing beside me)