Friday, June 08, 2007

FINISHED!!!

Early this afternoon I finished The Dark Tower, the seventh and final book in the Dark Tower series. Thus I was able to read the entire cycle inbetween May 9th and June 8th (and I even took a whole week off between volumes four and five). The total page count is roughly 4,550. This brisk pace was due not only to my great appreciation for the books but also the substantial amounts of free time my current, and hopefully brief, period of unemployment has allowed me.

Having come to the end, I would still highly recommend this series to anyone seeking to read an epic and high quality work of fiction. The fifth through seventh books, all written at essentially the same time, read like one cohesive tome. Book V, Wolves of the Calla, is jockying with The Drawing of the Three as my personal favorite installment in the series.


Anywho, that's the last I have to say about that.

No comments: