Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Apathy and Indecision

That tag team makes for an increasingly dormant corner of the blogosphere. For those of you who make a habit of checking in on the Kingdom of the Madness, I apologize for my recent lack of material. I'm trying to put at least one worthwhile thing up a week. Perchance I should live up to a more admirable goal...say there posts a week.

Until just recently, I was far from alone in my infrequent posting. If you had been tracing the links from my blog, you would have seen that the friends who command those other pages were at least equally reserved in their offerings. Now I don't know if these folks were also suffering from the twin maladies I named above or if their finest efforts are going into MySpace and Facebook. Whatever the causes, the effect had been a measley, collective level of creative output from myself and my blogging compatriots.

Now I use the verb phrase "had been" because both Erin (author of Resonance) and Dana (auther of Authenticity) have been posting some high quality and significant thoughts the past several days. So if you've come here looking for meaningful human exchange, I recommend you direct your attentions toward their more attention-worthy pages.

As for what I've been doing as of late, here's a quick laundry list of noteworthy things that I've done or experienced in the past couple of weeks:

1) I bought a $200 dollar home stereo system today. I don't usually make entertainment purchases over twenty bucks so it's out of character for me to splurge like this. It's a purchase I'd been meaning to make for (no joke) almost 5 years now. Thank the Lord for roommates with great audio set-ups. :)

2) This self-indulgant spending was made possible by my car insurance company's payback program. Since I've been with them for five years and never made a single claim, they've generously decided to give me half my first year's payments back. Thus they cut me a check for $1,018.

3) Last week, I filled in for a fourth grade teacher whose student made a particularly unwise purchase. She was showing off a leprechan coin she acquired from her brother at recess. However, even a superficial inspection of the coin revealed that it was, in fact, a game token from Chuck E. Cheese. (It's got his damn picture on it for Pete's sake.) The student informed me that she had bought it off her brother for $5. Upon hearing this fact, my exact words to her were, "You got hosed." I then playfully rubbed salt in her wounds by explaining that here "leprechan coin" was only worth 25 cents at Chuck E. Cheese and worth diddly-poo anywhere else.

4) The Joint Ph.D. Program at the University of Denver/Iliff School of Theology sent me a letter which stated that, should I accept their invitation for admission, 100% of my tuition would be waved for the first year. It looks like the trajectory of my future in now pointed decidedly in the direction of the Rocky Mountains.

5) I subbed in a preschool classroom today. It was a lot of fun. I'll be back in that room Thursday and Friday as well. It's gonna be a good week, bitches.

6) I've made a few cosmetic alterations to the appearance and content of my blog. I encourage you to browse.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the props about my blog. Too bad you don't have any myspace knowledge to share. Alas ...

Hope all is treating you well. 24 bored me last night, thus you didn't get a phone call. Audry -- dead or alive -- does it matter?

Anonymous said...

looks like the string of UFC upsets continued last night with CroCop