Monday, October 01, 2007

What Little I Have, I Give to Thee

Not a great deal has changed since my last personal update. I've met a handful of new people, dug deeper into the study of nihilism, and read several hundred more pages on the theories and methods of religious studies.

The biggest development in the past week has been the long-protracted process of applying for student loans finally reaching a conclusion. In theory, my lender has already disbursed the first wave of funds. But I haven't received any more of that money thus far than Forrest Gump received for the "million dollar wound" on his but-TOCKS. The potential stress that could be caused by this continued delay was alleviated last week when the university credited my application deposit to my student account, wiping out another $300 from my balance and reducing the total money I owe them for this term to a whopping $9.00. I can afford to pay that. As soon as the loan money is in my checking account, it'll be time for couch shoppin', crackaz.

Also noteworthy is the fact that, for the first time since January 18, 2005, I now have health insurance. (Dear Jesus, thank you for protecting my poor ass from any truly debilitating injuries and illnesses over the past two years. Amen.) The question now is which breed of doctor I'll visit first: a dermatologist or an orthopedist? What's a more immediate concern: the burn damage to my left shoulder or the structural weakness in my right knee? Hmmmm.

I was oh-so-happy to not only have the opportunity to watch the Colts play yesterday (something I can no longer take for granted from week to week) but I'm doubly glad they overcame their first quarter funk and kicked some Bronco tail. I would likely have had a very long week if the local horse defeated the horse of my home state.

One last comment. I continually feel inclined to post lyrical snippets either here, on Facebook or on MySpace. The "Lyric Box" is my latest addition to the sidebar features on the right. I figure I'll change this every week or so. If I'm posting something in that box, it's because I think it's quality for any number of reasons. You'll never know the source of a particular snippet unless you're already familiar with it prior to encountering it in my Mad Kingdom. This way visitors to my blog can experience the quotation free of any prejudice they might harbor against the band or solo performer that penned it. No prizes will be awarded for those able to identify the artist.

No comments: